The Shires and Colleges of Insulae Draconis
British Isles map base is by Wikipedia user “Visitor from Wikishire”; Iceland map base is by Wikipedia user “NordNordWest”, both used under creative commons licence.
The Chatelaine or Castellan is the officer that is responsible for welcoming newcomers and they are a good place to start if you want to make contact, ask questions or find out more. If there is no chatelaine listed in your most local group [please email the Insulae Draconis Castellan](mailto:[email protected])
Depedene under wychwood is a English Shire covering the area including postcodes NE, DH, SR, DL, TS, CA, LA, FY, PR, BB, L, WN, BL WA, M, CH, CW.
- The Seneschal: Antonio di Rienzo (Tom McKinnell)
- The Heavy Marshal: Joel ben Stuart (Joel Fowler)
- The Rapier Marshal: Antonio di Rienzo
- Archery Marshal: Contact the Lieutenant General of Archers for Insulae Draconis (Lady Constanza of Thamesreach
Practice in Lancaster—contact the Knight Marshal for details. Visit the Shire Website
Dun in Mara is an Irish Shire, covering the counties of Louth, Meath, Dublin, Kildare, Wicklow, Carlow, Kilkenny, Wexford and Waterford in Ireland.
- The Seneschal Aodh O’Siadhail (Drew Shiel)
- The Heavy Marshal: Agnes des Illes (Nina Shiel)
- The Rapier Marshal: Master Cernac
- The Archery Marshal: Micheál of Dun in Mara(Paul O’Shea)
- Minister of Arts and Sciences: Alays de Lunel (Claudia Schacke)
- The Shire Herald: Thora Greylock
- Heavy Practice: Thursdays 19:00-21:00, Meet 18:50, Scoil Santa Maria, Synge St., Dublin 8. Contact Agnes for details.
- Rapier Practice: The Liffey Trust Dance Studios, North Wall. See: http:// www.liffeytruststudios.com/contact-us. This is close by The Point Luas stop, or a short walk along the Luas tracks from Connolly Station. We are usually located in Studio 1, however, please check the whiteboard in reception for updated info each week. The studio entrance is near the Green Room Bar. We meet for changing and setup at 18.45. Practice tends to run until 21.15, approximately.
- Archery Practice: Wednesdays 19:00-22:00, St. John Bosco Youth Centre, Davitt Road, Drimnagh, Dublin 12.
- Arts & Sciences meet: Every second Friday in the Clockwork Door, Wellington Quay, Dublin 2. Contact Alays for details.
Eplaheimr is an Irish Shire, covering Shire, covering the counties of Leitrim, Sligo, Mayo, Roscommon, Longford, Westmeath, Galway, Offaly, Laois, Clare, Tipperary, Limerick, Kerry and Cork in Ireland.
- The Seneschal Rogned Steingrimovna (Maya Frost)
- The Chatelaine Maedbh (Ger Clarke)
- The Knight Marshal: Lord Ünegen of Eplaheimr (Mka. Yann Coussot)
- The Rapier Marshal: Lord Ünegen of Eplaheimr (Mka. Yann Coussot)
- The Captain of Archers:Viscountess Susannah of York (Sue Callaghan)
- Minister of Arts and Sciences: Fianna Rua Nic Mhatúna
Practice in Limerick—contact the Knight Marshal for details. Archery in Athlone IT, contact the Captain of Archers.
Flintheath is an English Shire covering Shire, covering East Anglia, England
- The Seneschal: Lord Nicholas de Estleche
- The Exchequer: Viscountess Eularia Trewe
- The Heavy Marshal: Alexandre d’Avigne
- Rapier Marshal:Lady Rebecca of Flintheath
- Archery Marshal:Lord Eldgrimr Jonsson
- Minister of Arts and Sciences: Lady Bella Donna
- Herald: Lord Fionndaire Fearcuairt
- Webminister: Lady Aðísla Arnulfsdóttir
- Chronicler: Lady Rebecca of Flintheath
Saturday afternoon from 1pm, Wednesday evening from 6.30pm also whilst the summer evening light allows. Please check Flintheath website activities page for regular updates. Practice is held on Waterbeach Green, Cambridgeshire.
Glen Rathlin is an Irish Shire, covering Northern Ireland and the counties of Monaghan, Cavan and Donegal
- The Seneschal: Sadb ingen Aedain (Tasia Barrett)
- The Heavy and Rapier Marshal Pól ó Briain (Paul O’Brien)
- The Rapier Marshal Pól ó Briain (Paul O’Brien)
- Minister of Arts and Sciences: Baroness Caitriona of the Ravens(Caitriona O’Brien)
Rapier practice held on Thursdays from 7-9pm at Olympia Community Centre, Boucher Road, Belfast BT12 6NA. Cost: £3 per person (1st Practice free).
Harpelstane is the Scottish Shire.
- The Seneschal: Elen Benet (Helen Lever)
- The Heavy Marshal: Jenna Green Smith
- The Rapier Marshal: Esbiorn Jensson (David Cordes)
- Archery Marshal
Fighters practices take place on Burntisland playing fields on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of each month (contact the marshal for further details), or when otherwise organised on an ad hoc ba- sis. Practices may not occur when other events clash or insufficient members are available. Convocations occur in Kirkcaldy on the fourth or last weekend of the month (depending on other events). Convocations are shire gatherings during which fighting, arts and science activities, teaching and research and of course social activities occur.
Hart’s Holt is a new hamlet within the Shire of Thamesreach covering the areas of Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire
- Seneschal (Thamesreach): Lady Emoni de la Fère(Emoni Hansson)
- [Sheriff: Lord Guy de Dinan (Adam Edwards)] Further Information: Visit the Hamlet’s Facebook page
Kingeslake is an Irish College, based in Athlone Institute of Technology in the Shire of Eplaheimr
- The Seneschal: Kier of Kingeslake (Kieran Veale)
- Archery Marshal: Kier of Kingeslake (Kieran Veale)](mailto:[email protected])
Weekly in Athlone Institute of Technology from 2pm to 5pm in the Multipurpose hall (MPH) during college year. Visit the College Facebook page
Klakavirki is the Icelandic Shire.
Mynydd Gwyn is a Shire covering Wales and West England
- The Seneschal: Gwenllian verch Andras (K. Bernard)
- The Heavy Marshal: Duarte Goncalves de Montes (J. George)
- The Rapier Marshal: Gwenllian verch Andras (K. Bernard)
- Archery Marshal: Ysabella-Maria Vasquez de Granada (N. Whitehead)
Practice Details: Please contact the seneschal
Okynfirth is a new hamlet within the Shire of Pont Alarch covering the English Midlands
- Seneschal (Pont Alarch): Lady Eleanor of Dovebridge
- Sheriff of Nottingham: Amphelise de Wodeham (Christine Woodhams)
- Deputy Sheriff:: Oriana nic Kendrick (Rebekah Wells)]
Pont Alarch is an English Shire covering Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Northern England postcodes not covered by Depedene under Wychwood
- Seneschal (Pont Alarch): Lady Eleanor of Dovebridge
- The Heavy Marshal Alexander of Longriston
- Archery Marshal: Contact the Lieutenant General of Archers for Insulae Draconis
- Arts and Sciences minister: Lady Pernel Chaloner
Regular heavy and fencing practices and A and S meet are at Linton Memorial Hall Linton, near Wetherby LS22 4Z on Wednesdays at 6pm-9pm, usually with some social time in the pub after, please contact the seneschal for details of individual sessions. Shire days are roughly every two months.
Thamesreach is an English Shire, covering Greater London, England
- The Seneschal: Emoni de la Fère (Emoni Hansson)
- The Heavy Marshal: Lord John of Thamesreach
- Captain of Archers: Edmund
- Minister of Arts and Sciences: Lady Maude de Elsynge (Rachel Barlow)
- Herald: : Lady Maude de Elsynge (Rachel Barlow)
Practice Details: Currently seeking a new venue; please contact the seneschal for updates.
West Dragoningshire is an English, covering Southern England
- The Seneschal: Master Thomas Flamanc (John Sawyer)
- The Heavy Marshal: Stefan so llewelyn (Steve Taylor)
- The Rapier Marshal: Rannulf Sweartfaxe (Philip Anastasiadis)
- Archery Marshal: Arianwhy Wen
- Minister of Arts and Sciences: Edith of Heddingham (Jenny Sawyer)
- Herald: Master Thomas Flamanc (John Sawyer)
Fortnightly training and A&S sessions are held at MOD Lyneham Community Centre on Sundays from 2pm to 6pm. The postcode is SN15 4PT and the site fee is £5. Email Inquiries